Abstractor/Title Agent/Due Diligence Agent
Coates is seeking a qualified Abstractor/ Title Agent / Right of Way Due Diligence Agent for project(s) located in Houston, TX. No per diem is available for this position. Local candidates preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, computer, and technical skills.
Candidate must be fluent in Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams/One Note. Experience with Quorum, ThoughtTrace and GIS software is a plus.
Activities may include performing analytical, historical research and due diligence review of various maps, right of way files/documents, file review, mapping, document interpretation, compare file data with maps to locate gaps between easements, review documents for errors, gaps in ownership, etc.
*Local Candidates Only. No Per Diem Available. *
Overview of Duties:
- Quorum Software, ThoughtTrace, and GIS experience a plus.
- Fluent in Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams/One Note.
- Conduct in-house ROW and title searches.
- Negotiate and coordinate with private property owners and utility companies for the acquisition of easements, leases, franchises, access agreements, damage releases and assignments.
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret pipeline ROW files including easements, lease documents, real estate deeds, and various other documents relating to ownership and rights.
- Address routine ROW related issues, typically in support of 3rd Party Inquiries for the asset and may involve business, legal or operational consequences to Company assets.
- Draft, maintain and distribute Construction Line List as necessary for project team(s).
- Draft notification letters and make verbal notifications of proposed pipeline work.
- Generates various form agreements (with assistance), managing landowner relationships and assisting with condemnation proceedings.
- Coordinate activities of ROW contractors on projects and during routine support.
- Provide broad ROW services to other internal disciplines
- Interface with governmental agencies and the local community for ROW and permitting issues
- Provide support during due diligence, acquisition, and divestment of properties
- Maintain the dates of maintenance and renewal costs of easements/franchises or other legal instruments enabling timely payments.
- Provides recommendations for the maintenance and upkeep of Land ROW files including the effective use of Quorum Land System
- Knowledge of due diligence review of right of way files and understanding of easement assignability and reversionary clauses, restrictions, fractional ownerships, lease payments and terms, and abandonment clauses
- Schedule, plan and facilitate land department meetings
- Provide support to Land Manager as needed
Specialized knowledge/education required:
- Willingness to be flexible and perform a variety of task when asked
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to collaborate with team members
- High attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work safely within an office-based environment and from home
Salary is dependent upon experience. Benefits offered to full-time employees.
Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Coates is an EOE.