Sr. Title Specialist -Remote
Coates is seeking an experienced Sr, Title Specialist in Oklahoma to assist on several projects. For a qualified candidate there is an opportunity to perform this work remotely. The successful candidate will be well-versed in digital workflows, online and in-person title searches, and have proven experience in surface title for right of way acquisition.
Due to the nature of this work and the opportunity for remote work, there is no per diem available for this position.
Overview of Duties:
- Assists and reviews work of title agents in determining from county records the current ownership and legal description of land required for a project
- Searches property records for conveyances, liens and other instruments
- Plots the legal descriptions, including metes and bounds
- Reviews complete abstract of title
- Identifies title defects and reports these to Field Right of Way Supervisor or client’s legal counsel
- Prepares final report of all records compiled showing title to property and effects of liens and encumbrances on titles
- Obtains and reviews title information and checks accuracy of legal descriptions against maps
Specialized knowledge/education preferred:
- Knowledge of land and right of way easement documentation
- Detailed knowledge of researching online and in-person courthouse records (to provide guidance and assistance to title agents)
- Ability to compile and prepare chains of title, make abstracts of title with summaries of all matters and instruments of record
- Analysis of title data and reports
- Interpret deeds, leases, court actions, probates, other documents impacting property ownership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Project or similar software programs in order to generate a variety of project reports in response to specific and varied queries
- Ability to plot metes and bounds descriptions of property and read a variety of maps, electronic, and paper
- Knowledge of industry software such as: Sandy Knoll Real Estate Deed Drawing/Plotting, Greenbrier Graphics Net Deed Plotter, Google Earth Pro, and other database/document management systems
Coates offers a competitive salary with great benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision; Holidays, PTO; Life Insurance & Disability coverage; 401k & Profit-Sharing.
Benefits offered. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Coates is an EOE.