Right of Way Permitting Coordinator
Coates Field Service, Inc. is seeking an experienced Right of Way Permitting Coordinator for electric transmission/distribution projects located in Massachusetts. Computer literacy and technical skills are necessary for this fast-paced position. This work has the potential to be done remotely for a qualified, experienced candidate.
Overview of Duties:
- Coordinates with Right of Way, Engineering, and other departments to first establish where the line route is located
- Determine the non-environmental permits (road/railroad/highway) that will be required
- Ensure all required permits are obtained prior to any construction activities
- Organizes consultations with local officials, inspectors, and assessors to verify required permits, licenses, and/or agreements, and organizes and delivers all the required documents for obtaining permits
- Explains project to permitting agencies and answers their questions
- Documents all contact with permitting agencies (mail, telephone, e-mail, personal visits)
- Assimilates contact information and project activities, enters details into project database
- Provides reports to client representatives regarding status of multiple ongoing permitting projects
- Attends meetings with client land representatives and project managers to provide input and insight from permitting perspective
- Provides liaison between permitting agency and other contractors such as construction crews, inspectors, surveyors, archaeologists, etc.
- Maintains assigned parcel files from beginning to end of project
Specialized knowledge/education required:
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology that applies to land acquisition and permitting
- Capable of completing legal documents and forms such as permits and agreements
- Knowledge of the sequence of processes required to complete permitting
- Ability to read and analyze engineering drawings and right of way plans in order to properly explain the taking
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, agencies (railroads, state/county governments, etc.)
- Proficient in programs necessary to maintain documentation and produce reports
- Skilled in variety of research methods, particularly internet, courthouse, and recorded documents
Benefits offered. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Coates is an EOE.